Objectives of the conference
Concerning the four topic areas (urban green spaces, urban blue spaces, urban health, and transdisciplinary and transformative research) the symposium is conceived according to the following questions:
- Which current findings and discourses determine the international and national profes-sional discussions about the contribution of urban green and urban blue spaces to hu-man health?
- How can the current evidence for the meaning of health of urban green and urban blue spaces be evaluated especially against the background of the progressive sociodemo-graphic and economic change as well as of the climate change?
- Which knowledge deficits exist concerning the contribution of urban green and urban blue spaces to human health, and which are the demands resulting for the theoretical framework as well as for science and practice?
- Which current findings and discourses determine the national and international profes-sional discussion concerning health-promoting urban development (urban health)?
- Which understandings and approaches do we have in the national and international professional discussion concerning the topic areas of inter- and transdisciplinarity as well as transformative research?
- Which changes in discourse concerning the topics above mentioned can be identified that are important for health, and what are the reasons for the changes?
- Which stakeholders should be involved in discussions and decisions with the aim of a sustainable and health-promoting urban development in Germany?
- Which instruments and procedures have been proved to hit the target concerning sus-tainable and health-promoting urban development in Germany in the recent past?
- Which role do formal and informal governance-structures and procedures play?
- How do the current findings and discussions of the preceding questions affect the local planning practice concerning sustainable and health-promoting urban development in Germany?
- In which way will a joint consideration of the four topic areas urban green spaces, ur-ban blue spaces, urban health, and transdisciplinarity contribute to a better understand-ing and explanation of how a knowledge-transfer of science and practice as well as a transfer of innovation may succeed?